AnimaLovers was founded in 1995 by a small group of friends who wanted to provide needy cats and dogs in the Capital District of New York with a better way to find their way to safety and new lives. Over the years, AnimaLovers has expanded beyond the boundaries of cat and dog rescue and adoption to meet the needs of other animals as well: by developing a trap/neuter/release program for feral cat caretakers; by creating programs to help families keep their companion animals healthy by providing low cost spay/neuter services and emergency veterinary care; and by developing a humane education component to teach our children about how to love and care for the animals in our world. We seem to be limited only by our need for funding and more volunteers in our quest to provide the very best life possible for every companion animal in the Capital District. With your help we can continue to expand the web of kindness to as many animals as we can...day by day and animal by animal. Learn more about how you can help AnimaLovers by visiting our How to Help page.
AnimaLovers' mission is:
- To provide housing, veterinary care, and adoption for unwanted, abandoned, injured, or stray cats;
- To educate adopters, as well as the general public, about the health and training needs of our companion animals;
- To promote spaying and neutering as an efficient and humane means of animal population control; and
- To advocate for legislation that will prevent cruelty to animals.
AnimaLovers is not a public shelter and receives no government monies. We are an all-volunteer, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, which relies on contributions, membership and adoption fees, some small grants, and fund raising events to provide care for the animals who come to us. All contributions are deductible to the fullest extent of the law. A copy of our latest annual report may be obtained upon request from AnimaLovers, or from the Office of the Attorney General, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, New York, 10271.
- Donna Smith*, Board chair and Coordinator of special funds
- Terry Silic*, Secretary and Special events coordinator
- Pat Blais*, Treasurer
- Aimee Martin-Vieira*, Financial advisor
- Barb Finnegan*, Intake coordinator
- Jan Shannon*, Program advisor
- Chelsea Brandow*, Clinic coordinator
- Michele Wait*, Foster coordinator and Photographer
- Sally Daggett*, Webmaster and publications coordinator
email address: email@example.com
mailing address: AnimaLovers, PO Box 6426, Albany, NY 12206-0426